Crunch Gym was founded in 1989 by Doug Levine, and currently has about 30 fitness centers in various states across the US. In the beginning they featured some unusual classes such as pole dancing, coed wrestling, and bicycle-based yoga to name a few. Now the classes have become more uniform amongst all of the fitness centers with some of them still featuring classes like dodge ball and karaoke bicycling. In 2001 Bally Total Fitness bought out Crunch Gym with the intent of expanding the franchise to 40 gyms. They quickly found that it was unprofitable and were finding it hard to get out of long-term leases at some poorly performing locations.
Crunch Gym Locations
Crunch Gym offers locations in several states such as, Washington DC, California, New York, New Jersey, and Florida. The easiest way to find a location near you is to go to Crunch Gym’s website and search your area. Each location has their own schedules and classes that they offer. But each location offers the same basic things, such as, personal trainers, and a wide variety of exercise equipment.
Crunch Gym Classes
There are five major types of classes that are offered at each Crunch Gym:
- Action Sports – these classes are for people that are looking to participate in outdoor activities such as surfing or running a marathon.
- Chill Outs – classes such as Yoga, Pilates, and meditation. These are designed to help you relax and minimize stress.
- Dance Rhythms – these classes include Hip-Hop, Ballroom, Latino, and Country.
- Pilates – this class is strictly for the teaching of Pilates. It uses the specific equipment needed for this type of exercise.
- Private Classes – you can hand pick the people that are in your class. So you get the group experience but with people that you know and are comfortable with.
Crunch Gym Discount Code
Crunch Gym has created a partnership with several companies to give its members special discounts at participating retailers. Use the code word CRUNCH to receive any discounts offered by the following partners:
- Boy Meets Girl
- GEN ART
- Kangaroo Jumps
- MSG Entertainment
- Scratch Events
- Social Workout
- The Awesome 80’s Prom
- Urban Escapes
Find More of The Best Gyms Near Me